Tuesday 16 October 2007

My New Toy



I’ve been writing less for the past few days (which many may cheer to, if trying to catch up with all my blogs...). I’m not tired with words, like sometimes happen. No, the reason not to write is completely new: I’ve been toying with my new camera and especially tried to study how to film videos.

I’ve never filmed anything, not with an old 8 mm or such. Moving pictures is quite a new genre for me to work with. I’ve always been a film freak and used to sit in the Finnish Film Archive’s movie theatre and look about three films a night for many centuries ago. So, I’ve seen a lot of films and I can assure you that seeing films doesn’t help you much or at all in making short video clips. But it doesn’t matter, because I have absolutely nothing to say and I have almost no vision. I just toy around.

A moving picture fascinates me. I’ve tried different slide shows and sometimes I’ve managed to get to a result that satisfies me. Mostly not, because the movement has been artificial, stable and sometimes boring. I’ve wanted more, more action, more life. I’ve craved for life on film.

Now I have the possibility to make life with my camera. It would be maybe good if I’d have at least some idea what to film, but I won’t let that bother me. Maybe some day I’ll think about manuscripts, or at least a synopsis, but not yet. Now I just want to have fun with my new toy.

What is the idea of filming on the whole? Short video clips with no sense? For me?

I have the answer: you can start a new blog just for your videos:))


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup I cheer, cheer, dah. No fucking use, u never stop, fucking duracell bunny! - Some mistake dere, in yer holy full of holes cabbage, dere wear no movis a cup of hunds ago, u liar daught of a bitch!
*
U don´t needs a manuscript, u ave other toys 4 manual operation like masturbation etc., i suggest a hardcore borneo film, dah!

SusuPetal said...

Reiska, long time, no see! I must have missed you...
Will you star in that borneo film, my ape?

Anonymous said...

Of cörs! I´m pro u see! Were and wen is the furst shot?

SusuPetal said...

The first and last shot is behind the sauna, let's meet there, ye' gran' ol' stallion!

Mick said...

I stared at this piece for a long, long time. I think it's moving!!! :O

SusuPetal said...

Hmmm, Mick....really???

hpy said...

Oh no! I mean YES.

SusuPetal said...

Hahhah, oh yes, HPY!

Peter said...

Another blog!!! (which I visited)

Just back from a place where the "tea" is made of coca leaves!

SusuPetal said...

Did you have a lot of tea, Peter:))

Peter said...

Yes! ... but also a lot of normal coffee!

SusuPetal said...

Good, I was a little worried...