Sunday 26 August 2007

In My Life

I’ve been a lazy writer for the past few days (and that is plenty for me). Instead of words I’ve played with pictures and I’ve found new levels in myself. I’ve found new visions, new ideas, new ways to express myself, and the tool has been pictures. The variety of possibilities to make a picture has somehow enthralled me and I’d like to work my way through colours, surfaces and collages all day long.

But a girl has to work for living, and although I’m surely not a girl anymore, I still have to eat. No starvation bourns art is my opinion.

A great source of my newly found inspiration is due to Mick Mather, whose work has opened a totally new world for me. His works have broadened my mind and made me explore my own work more and deeper. On the whole, my fellow bloggers are a never-ending well of inspiration, and it’s difficult to imagine a more suitable way to come in contact with people around the world, get to know their work and change ideas and comments along the way.

I’m glad of the pleasure we give to each other, happy of the inspiration I’ve found in the Net.


******

I’ve put some new and some old photos on my website’s gallery.

******

Do you want to see your dreams in pictures? Visit Dreamlines and type a word in the box. Try your own name and look what you are dreaming of!





10 comments:

Kennethwongsf said...

Wow! You just used one of my favorite Beatles hit songs as the title of your post. How appropriate! A celebration of lovers and friends, both living and gone, that we can recall ...

SusuPetal said...

It's a beautiful song, Kenneth, and the title is worth borrowing!

Elegia said...

Tulen tuhmana puhumaan suomea enklannin blogiisi. Täytyy minun muuten kiittää sinua tästä kuvaharrastuksesta. Sinun innostamana jatkoin muokkausjuttuja.

Olin yhdessä vaiheessa todella lähellä lopettaa, kun en oikein tiennyt, mitä haluan. Nyt olen innostunut tosi paljon näistä kuvien muokkaamisista. :)

Thanks to Susu for being so cheering and innovative!

hpy said...

Words can be pictures, and pictures can give us words. Please continue.

SusuPetal said...

Täällä saakin olla todella tuhma ja jopa puhua suomea, Elegia. Hyvä, ettet lopettanut, vaan sait uutta intoa. Kuvat ovat hyvästä ihmiselle.

It's good to have more than one tool to express oneself, HPY. It gives more possibilities, if one gets bored with one way.

Peter said...

If you are an artist, any kind of expression seems to work! How about music?

Mick said...

The inspiration that we all share is most valuable to me as well Susu. :)

SusuPetal said...

Well, Peter, I play a little piano and guitarr, but really very little. And I like to sing. If others like to listen to me singing, that I'm not sure of....

I agree, Mick.

Anonymous said...

En hallitse ruotsiakaan.

SusuPetal said...

Hahhah, Helanes, ei haittaa, ihan hyvin pärjäät suomeksi:))