Saturday 28 April 2007

Trees and roots

A week without writing is heaven. A week without the net is paradise.
I had a nice week.

I took many photos, mostly of trees and roots. Someone could find it boring, I found it soothing to my nerves. To photograph things that just wait for you, don’t move and hide in the shadows, is very easy, and I’ve craved easiness into my life.
Something simple, something stable, something undemanding and yet solid.

Trees and roots.

Although I’m a city born creature, I find peace in the woods. I wouldn’t want to live in the country side, that would be no life for me, but once in a while I like to dust off the city lights. For some time, at least.

And then come back –to write, to live in the net. Among other things.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's the obsession to the roots. You can't leave them behind... Even if you want to.

I just found your english "speaking" blog :)

SusuPetal said...

Yes, roots are and will be, forever.

Nice that you found me also from here, Elegia:))

*Itkupilli* said...

Very peaceful. Guess we all need roots, thanks Susu that you share yours with us. I've been so lazy lately. that I've not been much in nature.

SusuPetal said...

Sometimes it's important to be lazy, Kirsi. Otherwise the candle burns too fast.