Sunday 25 March 2007

I had a dream


I had a dream
he sat by my side
side by side
and whispered while he cuddled near me
wakey, wakey,

it’s the sunny side up, the sunny side of the street.
I woke
and as I stood up for my rights
he asked me to tell him my name, because he loved me.
Sure.
I told him to bring me a water melon, sold on Beale Street,
and like a heat wave –a hundred and five!- I realized
there wasn't any blues in the night.
Only nights in white satin and good mornings.
Well, jesus died for somebodyz sins, but not mine, I heard myself say to him as he wiped his hands into the wall, yellow as the brick road.
Good morning starshine.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too had a cream butt it went sour. Chicky chicky last night?

SusuPetal said...

Sour cream is just you, Reiska! Cheeky!